The festive season of Diwali in Ahmedabad is a colorful collage traditions and heartfelt prayers. Chopda pujan is also know as Laxmi Puja. Among the many immigration. Chopda Pujan holds a unique place, particularly within the business community. Let us fully embrace the spirit of this auspicious occasion, understand its significance, and ensure we’re fully prepared to welcome Goddess Laxmi into our lives.
Date: 12th of November 2023
|Shubha (શુભ)||02:46 PM to 03:10 PM|
|Shubha (શુભ)||06:46 PM to 08:05 PM|
|Amrita (અમૃત)||08:05 PM to 10:29 PM|
|Chara (ચલ)||10:29 AM to 12:05 AM|
Chopda Pujan (Laxmi Puja)
Chopda Pujan, or Laxmi Puja, is not just a ritual but a centuries-old tradition that blends spirituality with commerce. As businesses in Ahmedabad close their old account books and open new ones, there’s a deep-rooted belief that Goddess Laxmi will bless them with good fortune and success in the year to come. The ‘Chopda’ – traditional account books, become the centerpiece of this ceremony, signifying the start of a new financial era.
The Purpose Behind Chopda Pujan
In the heart of Gujarat,The culture of Ahmedabad is closely linked to trade and business. Chopda Pujan translates this ethic into a spiritual journey. It is believed that by venerating the Goddess of Wealth with sincere hearts, business owners can secure her favor, ensuring that their ventures flourish and ethics in trade practices are maintained.
The Unseen Benefits of Chopda Pujan
Participating in Chopda Pujan is believed to bring more than just material wealth. It is a harmonizing force, bringing together the community, reinforcing the bond between individuals, their families, and their businesses. It’s a time when moments of reflection, thankfulness, and group celebration take priority over the rush of business.
How to Perform Chopda Pujan (Lakshmi Pooja) on Diwali?
Laxmi puja performed on this propitious day is said to have a lot of benefits. As a result, every Hindu household performs this puja with great devotion. Let us take you through a step-by-step guide on how to perform the Puja vidhi associated with this day-
- Clean the house. Preparations to thoroughly clean the house should be made days prior to the actual day of the festival.
- Sprinkle Ganga Jal all around the house after every corner of the house is properly cleansed.
- On the day of the festival, clean the puja room and set a wooden chowki or stool with a pile of grains in the center of a red cloth that is spread over the chowki.
- Place a Kalash on top of the pile of grains. Fill the Kalash with water and add a marigold flower, supari, coins, and some rice to this water.
- Arrange five mango leaves over the mouth of the Kalash.
- Place the idol of Goddess Laxmi to the right of Lord Ganesha on top of the chowki.
- Take a puja thali and draw a lotus with turmeric on it. Put a pile of grains in the center of the thali and put some coins in it. Place the thali in front of the idols after this. Businessmen must place their account books in front of the idols to attract abundance for their business.
- Apply tilak to the Gods as well as to the Kalash and light an oil or ghee Diya in front of the chowki.
- Offer flowers, fruits, coconut, and sweets to the God and Goddess.
- Take some flowers in your hands and join hands together in prayer. Close your eyes and chant the auspicious mantras of this day. Offer the flowers in your hands to the God and Goddess once you are done reciting the mantras.
- Offer Panchamrita to the Gods.
- Put kumkum, haldi, and rice on the idols. Offer a garland made of flowers to them.
- Light an incense stick and dhoop in front of the idols.
- Offer jewelry, cash, and other precious items to the Goddess of wealth.
- Perform the Aarti to conclude the puja and light diyas all around the house to celebrate the festival of light.
Where to Purchase Puja Essentials in Ahmedabad
Your Chopda Pujan shopping list can be fulfilled at these renowned markets:
- Gandhi road: Known for its quality stationery shops where you can buy new ledgers and account books.
- Kalupur Market: This is your destination for the finest incense, haldi, kumkum, and other puja ingredients. You’ll also find a variety of traditional sweets to offer during the ritual.
Chopda Pujan is more than a date in the calendar; it is a heartfelt tradition that nurtures the seeds of prosperity and communal harmony. This Diwali, as the lamps light up Ahmedabad in all directions, may the divine light guide your business and your life towards growth and prosperity.
You May Also like:
- DIWALI IN AHMEDABAD : DISCOVERING CITY’S SPOTLIGHT CORNERS
- TOP 10 PLACES FOR DIWALI SHOPPING IN AHMEDABAD